Important Notes For both Summa and Honors Students:
- If a student enrolls in any 1 credit or more AP course beyond the 4 required for Summa and 3 required for Honors, they may use these credits in place of elective credits
-Summa and Honors students should avoid taking Study Halls in the first two years in order to meet the 30 credit requirements. Some Study Halls may be needed later to wrap around 1 ½ credit Advanced Placement classes.
- Summa and Honors students must accept leadership responsibilities within the school infrastructure (athletics, clubs, class, student body officers).
- Summa and Honors students must contribute services to the community which utilize the intellectual, cultural, and spiritual gifts each student develops while in the program.
- Honors Focus Research is required of all Summa and Honors students. It will count towards their elective requirement and as one of their honors courses
Foreign Language Notes:
- Summa Cum Laude and Honors students must complete four years of the same foreign language to fulfill the course requirements for a Summa or Honors diploma.
- A student taking a 2nd foreign language may use these credits towards elective requirements.