Mater Dei Chapter of National Honor Society
Mission Statement: “To create an enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote worthy leadership, and to encourage the development of character in students of Notre Dame Preparatory High School”
General club information/history: The Mater Dei Chapter was established in August, 2005. This year our membership has reached 108 students.
Eligibility requirements for applying:
- Members of the sophomore or junior class
- Minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.75
- Completed application turned in before established deadline
- Involvement in school-based activity for at least four consecutive academic quarters, with demonstrated leadership
- Exemplary discipline record
Meeting Information: First Tuesday of the month. 7:15 a.m. in Room 902, 2:45 p.m. in the cafeteria. Attendance is required at one of these sessions each month
Faculty/Staff Moderators: Rebecca Strolic – email,
Lillian Vancel – email
Club Officers: Co-Presidents – Hannah Trepte – email,
Kaitlyn Oelkers – email
- Big Saints Little Saints – members are assigned 3 to 5 freshman students. They are with them during Freshman Orientation in August, and continue to contact them monthly to see how things are going. The goal of this program is to make freshmen feel welcome at Notre Dame Prep and to have a successful year.
- Tutoring – NHS tutors are always available on Mondays and Wednesdays after school in the library. Appointments can also be scheduled for tutoring before school and after school on additional days. Students must complete a tutor request form for a scheduled appointment. Our focus is on freshmen students, but any student needing assistance can request tutoring.
Application Process: (Updated 1-15-13)
NHS Executive Board 2012-1013
Hello, NDP parents!
Do you have an underclassman struggling in a specific subject or having a hard time managing their time? The National Honor Society at Notre Dame Prep is willing to help. Our NHS tutors are upperclassmen at Notre Dame who have had your student's teachers--if not the same class-and understand the expectations of the NDP curriculum.
Tutors will be available every Monday and Wednesday in the school library after 3 p.m. beginning Wednesday, Sept. 19 , for the rest of the year; so, encourage your students to come by and get the help they need to have a successful high school career! NHS tutors are also available by appointment.
Please contact senior Allie York, NHS co-vice president of tutoring, at s_AYork@notredamepreparatory.org,
with a Cc to Lillian Vancel, NHS co-moderator, at email@example.com to schedule an appointment. -- Allie York